The Romance Troupe Blog Hop List
As summer grows near I saw a fun idea on one of my groups that I have been hinting strongly at the hubby for a future date night. It's called Painting With a Twist (the twist is there's wine!) I found the information for our local group and plan to make a date night reservation this summer. In the mean time, I noticed they showed the type of date it is on Celebrity Wife Swap when Larry Birkhead's segment was featured. I got all excited because I had been curious why everyone's painting looked so good in photographs. Was this really painting? Or a paint by number sort of thing? So on that episode I got to see that your outline is there and you paint it (with wine!).
I was telling my husband about it being on the show and how he should watch the painting clip to see what we would be doing. (And drinking - wine!) Ever the romantic he suggested we skip the money for Painting with a Twist and he'd stop by the craft store and buy us a couple of oil paint by number kits and a box of wine from the liquor store. (He did mention the wine, see he knows what I really wanted.) He said, "I think we can do this date for about 10 bucks."
My son says, "You mean you aren't even going to buy the good box wine?"
We both laughed and said at the same time, "son no wine in a box is the good wine."
That's not to say we've never bought it. Let's face it though, no wine snob would ever drink wine in a box. Would they? I'll have to ask Kevin O'Leary if I ever get to meet him. He seems to be a wine expert.
I haven't been as productive with the writing side of life this year. I was juggling everything and decided to stop about February when I realized I wasn't doing a great job at anything with so much on my plate. This was my last year of home school and the kiddo starts high school. So I poured my energy into that and my design business since it wasn't as consuming as writing. When I write I focus all my energy into it so that I can really focus on the story I'm building and the characters. I did, however, find the time to do a little cover switching.
Untameable Heat: Lilith's Freedom officially has a new look. Let me know what you think in the comments! Also let me know your favorite wine. One random comment will be chosen to receive a free electronic copy of Untameable Heat.
Synopsis: In the dark alleys of the St Louis riverfront sits a club known only to those evil enough to enter. The club is called The Master’s Lair. It is frequented by the evil underbelly of the supernatural world. Lilith is a beautiful succubus entertaining nightly in the Lair.
Lilith has grown bored with her life. She is ready for more. The Master has promised her release from her succubus bonds is possible, except the price may be higher than she can afford.
Alex is hell bent on revenge. An angel that watched his sister die in the clutches of a goblin drug ring, his main mission is to end their reign of death. Going undercover as a fallen angel he throws himself into danger going inside The Master’s Lair.
Meeting the beautiful Lilith wasn’t part of his revenge plan. Yet, something in him wants to be her redemption. Alex wonders if he can be the one to help Lilith attain the freedom she seeks or will he endanger them both?
Lilith has grown bored with her life. She is ready for more. The Master has promised her release from her succubus bonds is possible, except the price may be higher than she can afford.
Alex is hell bent on revenge. An angel that watched his sister die in the clutches of a goblin drug ring, his main mission is to end their reign of death. Going undercover as a fallen angel he throws himself into danger going inside The Master’s Lair.
Meeting the beautiful Lilith wasn’t part of his revenge plan. Yet, something in him wants to be her redemption. Alex wonders if he can be the one to help Lilith attain the freedom she seeks or will he endanger them both?


I like the idea off painting with a twist! I wonder how much actual painting was done with all the wine around. LOL I would think a lot of other activities took precedent as the evening wore on. Nice idea tho!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
Belinda G
belgre at centurylink dot net
I love the cover and since I'm from and still live in St. Louis, MO thought that was really neat. I don't what particular info your looking on the wine but I almost exclusively drink red win when indulging myself.
ReplyDeleteKathleen Nichols email address: nichols.kathy@yahoo.com Thx so much for this opportunity!!!
Thanks! I am from St Louis so I couldn't resist :)
DeleteA friend of mine has done one of those painting nights. She said it was a lot of fun. I have yet to do one because...well...I can't drink wine. *gasp, the horror*. I know, I know, but my stomach can't handle the acid in grapes. I can't even eat grapes, raisins, or drink grape juice. Thanks! :)
ReplyDelete~Angela Christina Archer
history (at) angelachristinaarcher (dot) com
I've never had boxed wine. It seems sacrilegious.
ReplyDeleteLiza O'Connor
Liza2write@yahoo dot com
The cover is nice! I'm not a wine person but if I drink it I prefer whites. Thanks for the chance!
ReplyDeleteTobi
forgethousework@gmail.com
I have never heard of this painting with wine thing, I am so going to look it up!
ReplyDeleteThe cover looks great. I'll have to add it to my growing list of books to read!
My favorite wine? I love Riesling and Pinot Grigio. Add some peaches and strawberries and I'm in heaven! :)
Veronica Jorden
veronica@firstpagelastpage.com
I like the new cover :)
ReplyDeleteI don't usually drink wine because I don't like it.
Thanks
lorih824 at yahoo dot com
lisamarie romero...... lisamarie.romero@yahoo.com
ReplyDeletereds - usually a syrah
ReplyDeleteI love hops! Get to meet so many new authors this way. Thanks for participating.
Kris Linehan
simondex68 (at) gmail dot com
new cover is very sexy!
ReplyDeleteI don't drink wine hardly ever but if I did it would be Red
sasluvbooks at yahoo.com
Stacey A Smith
Love the cover. I don't drink wine but I would take a frappuccino..lol
ReplyDeletemiztik_rose@yahoo.com
I'd like to try Painting with a Twist, but the paintings I like are always fully booked.
ReplyDeleteKelly Thompson
kellberry@sbcglobal.net
Oh no :( I haven't tried to book one yet so I hope I don't run into this issue, too. I guess it's good they are popular though.
DeleteThe book sounds like a great one.
ReplyDeleteSorry, I don't drink wine.
ladyunwritten[AT]gmail[DOT]com
Love the cover! I don't drink vine so no favorite for me.
ReplyDeleteVeronikaDream
verusbognar (at) gmail (dot) com
Love the cover!! Don't drink wine, sorry :-( !
ReplyDeleteLynne Rivet
lynne_d66@hotmail.com
I am also a big fan of the man on the cover. Errr. The cover, I mean.... And I love Rieslings, or this local wine called Witches Brew, which is like a spicy red.
ReplyDeleteKatrina
oneagainst at hotmail dot com
Congratulations! You were the random winner drawn - I sent an email :)
DeleteI like the cove and I'm more of a Crown Royal girl.
ReplyDeletemelissa crisp
leighannecrisp at yahoo dot com
Love the sound of the book, definitely one I will have to read.
ReplyDeleteI love Moscato. :)
Stephanie Fredrick
fsteph55(at)yahoo(dot)com
What was Larry Birkhead doing on Celebrity Wife Swap? I thought he wasn't married.
ReplyDeleteThanks for participating.
Anne M.
acm05atjuno.com
haha he's not he swapped his sister for a wife :)
DeleteThe couple on the cover make a great Succubus and Angel! tinawilliams1 (at) outlook.com
ReplyDeleteTina Williams
There are several nice white wine with moscato being my favorite, morgankwyatt@juno.com
ReplyDeleteYour story made me chuckle! I don't have kids, but my nieces & nephews would say something like that too,.. they come out with some hilarious stuff lol.
ReplyDeleteI love the book cover! The color & the attractiveness draws me in. ;)
Thank you so much for the giveaway!
I hope you have a great weekend! =)
Brandi
BLeigh1130 at yahoo dot com
I don't drink any alcohol at all...thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteH.B.
humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com
Don't drink wine, thanks.
ReplyDeleteJoy F
magic5905 at embarqmail dot com
Deborah Close
ReplyDeletedcpooh (at) cox (dot) net
I don't care for wine, but I like Jäger
I'm not a big wine drinker. So don't have a preference.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the chance !!
Sierra McBride
stamper_sierra [at] yahoo [dot] com
Love the cover. I don't usually drink wines but I do like moscato wine.
ReplyDeletemythic021@gmail.com
not a wine drinker. mixed drinks for me.
ReplyDeleteLeslie Rodriguez
esseboo@yahoo.com
Not a big wine drinker but I do enjoy Roscato wine. Thanks for the giveaway.
ReplyDeleteWanda Craighead
wcraig5432 @ yahoo.com
I prefer white merlot
ReplyDeleteSue Stiff
1006penguins@gmail.com
The cover is pretty. I like it. :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite wine so far is Roscato. I prefer dessert wines, you know, the sweet ones. Lol.
As far as the date that you wanted to go on, my hubby would probably suggest the something similar.
Thank you for sharing. Good luck with your schedule. Hopefully you can get some more writing in. :D
Tina B
trb0917 at gmail dot com
Thanks :) I hope so! I miss it but at the same time I had to buckle down and get through 8th grade lol
Delete