Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sizzling Summer Blog Hop Stop

Happy 4th of July!

Welcome to my stop on the Sizzling Summer Blog Hop Tour.  Get comfortable, take a look around, and sit back for a sizzling excerpt from my novel Finding Trouble.

Finding Trouble

“Did you find out anything on the case?” Rayna figured that would be his only reason for being here.
“Not yet. Where have you been?” Josh demanded.
“At the local pawnshop buying a gun.” Seriously, who did he think he was? Where had she been? Last time she checked she was an adult and free to do as she pleased.
“Tell me you’re kidding. You’d probably shoot your own foot.”
“For your information, I’ve had some armed experience.” She wasn’t going to add it was one hunting trip with a high school boy she’d been out to impress by showing him she was one of the guys.  Shortly before she’d ended the trip with a misfire at a tree, she’d had a screeching fit when he’d actually suggested she slather deer piss all over herself to disguise her scent.
Josh just chuckled and waited for her to open her door. When she did he followed her in. “So if you’re not here in the line of duty, is this some kind of social call?”
“Nope. Still in the line of duty. I’m staying here tonight.”
 “As tempting as the offer may be, I’m not that kind of girl and you most certainly are not staying here, tonight or any other.”  Hands on her hips she prepared to face off with him on this point.
“Get a grip. I wasn’t inviting myself into your bedroom. But until the window is repaired tomorrow I don’t think it would be wise to let you stay here alone. There is still a madman on the loose, you know.”
 “Well that really isn’t necessary, but thank you.”
“Isn’t necessary? Is your boyfriend coming over tonight to protect you then?” His eyes issued a silent challenge.
“No. For your information, I have plans. I’m going with a girlfriend to a club and intending not to come home until way past the midnight hour. Hence, you would be bored stiff with only a remote to entertain you. On second thought, maybe that’s right up your alley.”
His chocolate eyes flashed as he leaned on the counter in a casual stance.  “Not so fast. You want to go out to a club and come home alone late at night with some weirdo breaking down windows in your house and sending you dead things in the mail?”  He pointed a finger then realized what he was doing and slapped his hand back on the counter as he continued, “Do you have any idea what I do for a living? The things I see? It’s choices like this that lead to a body in an alleyway or dumped in a river.  No way, Lady!”  He shook his head.  Seeing her about to argue, he appeared to think things over.  “You are not going out tonight. At least not without me!”
The presumptuous man! She knew ranting would be pointless.  It was obvious he had his mind made up.  As far as she was concerned, he could spend his evening sitting in a far corner of the bar’s shadows, watching her enjoy her evening but she’d be damned if she’d ask him to join the fun.
What nerve! If she needed an escort, she had a voice and knew how to ask. Standing there fuming, she was losing valuable time to get dressed and assembled for the evening, however, so she gave him a “whatever,” and went to shower.
* * * * *
From the kitchen the sound of running water was evident. Hearing the sounds of the shower and knowing who was in it tempted Josh’s male senses.   Fantasy overcame logic temporarily and he imagined Rayna standing under the water naked. How he’d love to stand in the steamy, hot shower and watch the water ripple down the firm, taut skin of Rayna’s breasts. To touch her waist and lightly spin her around as his fingertips skimmed the skin on her back.   Running his fingers through her long locks of hair as he washed it, the fruity scent of her shampoo filling his nostrils.  His lips lightly suckling the water droplets on the back of her neck.
His hardness slides up against her silky, smooth bottom.  With his hands he cups each breast gently while he kneads the already water-peaked nipples, allowing them to become a hard nub under his fingers. When her back arches and she groans urging him to stop teasing her, his lips will overtake hers as his hands glide down finding her soft, wet heat.
The sound of the bathroom door slamming as she exited the shower put an abrupt halt to his fantasies.  He shifted uncomfortably and noticed the hardness in his pants. 

He shook his head. What was he thinking, anyway? The woman was a powder keg waiting to explode.

Coming on the 11th of July don't miss my newest novella Untameable Heat: Lilith's Freedom.  Untameable Heat is a two story collection done with author Dariel Raye.  Be sure to hit the rafflecopter at the end of this post for a chance to win this fabulous head piece!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Back to the Sizzling Summer Blog Hop! Don't forget to go to the main page and click on the other blog entries and enter for your chance at four amazing prize packs!!!
The Romance Troupe Blog Hop Entry Link
You can also follow on Twitter with the #SizzlingHop
Prizes on The Romance Troupe Blog Hop Main Page Include:
Prize 1: An Ipad Mini
Prize 2: Amazon Gift Cards
Prize 3: SWAG, SWAG, SWAG
Prize 4: Books - Ebooks and many, many, many more prizes than I've listed.  Seriously, go check it out! You won't want to miss your chance to win.


102 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one!

    I'm totally into things for hair. I have waist-length hair and always on the lookout for new things to use for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have really long hair as well so I fell in love with this piece.

      Kathryn Edgar

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the giveaway!
    elizabeth @ bookattict . com
    GFC: BookAttict

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your excerpt and I loved Rayna's voice. Thanks for the Sizzling Fun. kary @ karyrader.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had to let go with these two characters and just let them be who they were. Sarcasm and all.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the chance to win! bookedandloadedATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for participating and loved the excerpt!
    jennirv4967 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved the excerpt! and the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the blog hop! Happy 4th! Wonderful excerpt.
    wandad1961@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the chance to win Have a happy 4th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Happy 4th to you also!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for participating and have a Happy 4th..!! vals_hemi at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, enjoy your 4th :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the giveaway.
    Happy 4th of July!
    skpetal at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great excerpt! Thank you! It was so gripping! victoriaembers at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Kathryn Edgar

      Delete
  12. Cute cover art. Happy 4th.
    bidelia78@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great excerpt! Happy 4th! See you around the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great excerpt! Thanks for the great giveaway!

    Froggy
    froggarita@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed the excerpt.

      Delete
  15. Love that headpiece! What a great hop this is. Thanks much!
    Karen(dot)arrowood(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the head piece, I've been enjoying this hop as well. I look forward to more of these!

      Delete
  16. Thanks for the excerpt and for the chance to win! The headpiece is beautiful!!

    ehaney578 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I'm glad you like the headpiece.

      Delete
  17. what a cool headpiece! Have a great weekend!

    vampiremistress2010(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Glad you like it :) Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend as well.

      Delete
  18. What a great excerpt! Have a great holiday!

    AmethystDaydreams at zoho dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing!

    bacchus76 at myself dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for the giveaway
    sbfugate@bellsouth.net

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and giving it a read!

      Delete
  21. thanks for the giveaway and for being part of the blog hop! heather1974 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping at my little spot on the hop :)

      Delete
  22. a beautiful headpiece.

    susanmplatt AT Hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a twinge of wanting one for myself when I found this. It's so pretty for long hair!

      Delete
  23. LOL I loved the excerpt by the way! And that prize, wow, the hair piece looks amazing~

    kp_kazamei(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Finding Trouble is out on Amazon if you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  24. Happy 4th of July everyone!! What an awesome give-away -- thanks I would love an iPad mini! theresa.esterline@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like a good read

    rachel2506@yahoo.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that one is out on Amazon if you enjoyed it :) Hope you have a great weekend, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  26. Cool giveaway. Thanks :-)
    Lori
    lorih824 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. That was a fun read. I actually thought "Yeah, you tell him girl!". When an excerpt engages me that quickly, the book usually blows me away.

    blueshedevil32(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that one is out on Amazon if you enjoyed it :) Those two spend a lot of time verbally sparring.

      Hope you have a great weekend, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  28. Thanks for sharing about the book and for being a part of the hop

    BeckeyWhiteATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you so much for being part of this!!

    usmcwifey1@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the giveaway.
    magic5905 at embarqmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can't wait to read more! Poor Josh being stuck in the kitchen and only able to think out his fantasies

    Thank you for being part of the hop!
    savannahm1987@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that one is out on Amazon if you enjoyed it :) Ha Ha Those two were the bickering duo so when they finally stop fantasizing and hook up, I think they made a cute couple. Different than the gazing, adoring, mushy couple - but fun to write.

      Hope you have a great weekend, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  32. Loved the excerpt. Thanks for the giveaway.
    BrookeCarson6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for the giveaway:)
    holcalhoun@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for the giveaway megd82@hotmail.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  35. Thanks for the excerpt!

    dancingcelt at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!

      Delete
  36. Thanks for participating in the hop.
    wpogrant@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for the giveaway.

    mythic021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. what a great excerpt and such a pretty head piece thank you for being part of the hop.

    j.m.platt83@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  39. Thanks for the great excerpt.
    sstrode at scrtc dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking it out and stopping by.

      Delete
  40. HI KATHRYN I HOPE BEING NUMBER 76 IS LUCKY AS I'D LOVE TO READ YOUR BOOK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's also available on Amazon :) Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  41. Hi! Great excerpt! I cant wait to see that power keg go off! Love it! Thank you for the fun hop and giveaway! :)
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two were a fun couple to write. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  42. Thanks for the giveaway and for being part of the blog hop

    s2s2 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am finding so many new to me authors and books that I will most definitely have a sizzling summer.
    Thanks.
    Mel
    bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for being part of the hop!
    svc631@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. That is a good excerpt. Thanks for the chance to win.

    petula.winmill@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) If you enjoyed it their story is available on Amazon, they were quite a couple to try and get together!

      Delete
  46. That is a good excerpt. Thanks for the chance to win.

    petula.winmill@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love trouble...thanks for helping me find some!! *winks*

    brbalways(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always good at helping others, I'm such a good girl it's more fun that way! (Just Kidding - no one would call me good!)

      Delete
  48. Thank you for participating! bigmak207 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you so much for the chance to enter the giveaway. That hairpiece is stunning. being another with rather long hair (slightly below the waist) it's perfect! Of course, my hair would never look as good as that in the picture, but I'd like to pretend that if I had that hair piece, it would be as beautiful and perfect as that!

    Switching gears a bit hear, Finding Trouble
    sounds so good. I love the way it's written with humor and sarcasm. It sounds great. I am definitely adding it to my must have list. I love the book cover as well!

    Thank you so much once again! Wishing one and all a wonderful summer!

    Shelly H
    booski24@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I had the same fantasy about mine. I'm starting to wish I'd ordered myself one, too every time I look at it.

      Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed Finding Trouble's excerpt. They are my favorite couple I've written to date. Always snarking at each other! They really didn't behave on my paper :)

      Thanks for stopping by!!!

      Delete
  50. Nice excerpt. And the cover is great!
    Thank you for the amazing hop :-)
    Renata
    alifeamongbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you like it. It was a hard choice on the right cover for that but I think that one does captures the feel of the book well :)

      Delete
    2. I imagine how hard it can be to choose a cover. But Finding Trouble's cover is also different, unique - not just beautiful. Congratulations, Katy! :-)

      Delete